Friday, August 8, 2008

Women's Friendship Dinner

This year's Women's Friendship Dinner at our church was Tuesday night. It is the kick-off for the fall Bible Studies. There are tables of 8 women and each table has a "hostess" that decorates the table.

We recently merged our Sunday School class with another class and we are all getting to know each other better. So, we wanted to have a big group there this year and also use it as an outreach opportunity. The lady in our class that takes care of the women's events asked me if I would be a hostess. Having never attended the event in the past, I was very hesitant. But, I didn't want to say no, so I said yes, BUT, I have no decorating skills at all. I can do nametags and I own a lot of crystal, but that's about as far as my talent goes.

So, about a week before the event, Faydra, Shana, and I got together to plan our tables. We thought we would have three. Well, it turned out that we have such a good response from our class, we needed four tables. Three hostesses for four tables. We had a lot of work to do. It didn't take us long to come up with a plan, and it worked out great. It was amazing how each of us had certain things and when we put it all together, it was so pretty! We had a great time and Thelma Wells was the guest speaker. She had a great message, and she was so funny.

I was nervous about the whole thing and it turned out great. We are already talking about how to decorate our tables for next year! Sorry my pictures are not the best, I forgot my good camera and used my iphone.


1 comments:

Ashley Hlavaty said...

Everything looks awesome!! I LOVE the little name tags!!