Saturday, August 9, 2008

Oh Happy Day!

As most of you know, Jason and I truly believe we found our one true love in each other. We also have another true love that we share...BARBEQUE!! We have really struggled with finding good barbeque in the metroplex. While we really love it here, having grown up in West Texas really spoiled us. Stubbs, Whistlin' Dixie, County Line, Bigham's...need I say more? Well, Jason heard this week at work that there is a County Line on Lake Ray Hubbard. We were so excited!! We decided to venture out to Garland tonight and check it out. Yes, folks, even with gas at the prices they are, we are willing to drive 60 miles for good barbeque. It was so worth it! We ate way too much, but had a great time. It was a beautiful evening with a table with a perfect view of the lake, but most importantly, the view on my plate! So, needless to say, we will be going back soon. Hopefully we can go this fall and sit on the patio. We also got a compliment from another couple on how good the girls were, and that always makes us feel good! So, try not to be jealous, just come and join us anytime, we'll be ready!



What good is barbeque without cobbler? So, the girls and I had that and Jason waited to pick up at treat at Bahama Buck's on our way home. There is one in Sachse, so we stopped there on our way home. I guess we must have been homesick for Lubbock today!

2 comments:

Ashley Hlavaty said...

NOT FAIR!!! I can't believe y'all had County Line BBQ and since when are there Bahama Bucks out there!! I am sooooooo jealous! We'll be going to both places when I get there in December - its a date!!! :) Love y'all!

Ross and Carrie said...

I'm checking out your blog. I love the County Line too! Yum yum. You did an awesome job on the FD tables. I love my nametag. I shall put it on my bulletin board in my office. :-)