I had an interesting conversation with Rylee yesterday. We were in the car driving to the gym and Reagan said, "PaBill." I really had not thought about her remembering, but she said it so plainly. So, I just listened and Rylee told Reagan, "Remember, Reagan, PaBill died." So, I gave it a minute and Rylee said, "Momma, when did PaBill die?" I told her it was in March. Then, this is what surprised me. I had tried to avoid the conversation. She said, "I know, Momma, PaBill died on March 16th! That's my birthday and it was a special day! PaBill loved me so much and I miss him! But, Momma, it's okay because PaBill is with Jesus now!" I didn't think she realized it was her birthday, but I guess she did. I'm glad she has such a sweet heart and I think she believes he picked that day just because it was her birthday!
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's wonderful Rylee can associate her birthday and Pa Bill's passing as a special day in her life. A day full of love for both of them. And Reagan to remember her Pa Bill. It shows you're never to young for sweet memories. I love you girls!
She's such a smart and special little girl. I'm glad she knows in her heart that PaBill loved her so much!
Post a Comment