Monday, November 24, 2008

I'm worth it!

I am proud to say that today, I met my weight goal!!

Here is a picture taken on April 20th.
I joined Weight Watchers on April 21st.
These were taken today!
In April, I decided it was time to change my life. I am worth taking the time and making the effort to take care of myself. My husband and children deserved better than I was giving them. So, I joined Weight Watchers and began my journey. I have tried to lose weight before and I was not successful. This time, I decided I would not let one bad day, or several bad days ruin my efforts. If I had a bad day, I would start over the next day. That is how I did it, one day at a time.

Now, I have to maintain. In Weight Watchers, after you meet your weight goal, you go on maintenance. You have to maintain your weight for 6 consecutive weeks, then you are a Lifetime Member. At that point, you stop paying (Jason's favorite part!) and can go to meetings for free. You have to weigh in once a month to keep your Lifetime Membership. So, now I start trying to maintain for six weeks during the holidays. What timing! I think if I can maintain during this time, I will prove to myself that I have really made a life change.

I have to say a big "Thank You!" to Jason. He has been so supportive and has even tried many new foods. That is a huge thing for my "vanilla" guy!

8 comments:

Ashley Hlavaty said...

CONGRATULATIONS RHONDA! You look awesome! It feels good to be successful doesn't it? I'm so proud of you!!!

Mimi said...

I knew you would do it! Congratulations! I'm so proud of you! You look totally fantastic! I love you!

Jeffrey Hipp said...

Wow, you look fantastic! Congrats on pursuing a positive change and achieving it.

Have you discovered any new favorite (and healthier) dishes in the process?

Anonymous said...

Girl..you look awesome. Gives me the motivation to lose a few pounds myself.

Chelsey Jade said...

You look amazing! Great job.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!! You look absolutely wonderful! What an inspiration you are for me to get my behind in gear!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow you look awesome. Hopefully I will be next.

The Hedgecoke's said...

Great Job!! You look wonderful.
Love you.
Aunt Renee