Today, I went with Rhonda to meet Kaelyn for the first time. She is truly a beautiful baby! I held her for most of the time as Rhonda and I visited with Brad and Laura. We also had the opportunity to meet the birth mother, the birth mother's first child (17 month old daughter) and the birth mother's mom. They were all nice, and it was an interesting dynamic being in the room with Kaelyn as the center point of these two families, knowing that she was going from one family to another. Rhonda and I discussed it later and felt that our hearts were going out to the birth mother with each of us not knowing what it must be like to give birth to a child and then hand her over to someone else. This joyful adoption is not just an emotional ride for Laura and Brad as the new parents, but certainly all of us. We are overjoyed to welcome Kaelyn into the family!
On a photographic technical note, we were sitting in a dark corner in these photos, and I used the external flash to bounce light off the ceiling and back down so as to give a more natural look and to keep the bright flash out of Kaelyn's eyes. The ISO is 1600 so they are a touch noisier than I'd like when viewed at full resolution, but otherwise turned out great given the amount of darkness we were in.
Saturday, August 7, 2010
More Photos of Kaelyn
Posted by Jason Reeves at 12:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
She's a beautiful little girl!
Post a Comment