Sunday, January 31, 2010

Kneel Before the Coffee Maker

Rhonda got a new coffee maker, and I must say it looks like a futuristic machine that will take over our household (rise of the machines...).  Here are some photos of our old coffee maker and its beefed-up replacement (for the record, the old coffee maker made an entire pot of coffee while the one new makes only one cup at a time, yet it is more expensive -- I'm still wrapping my brain around that one).

Yes, our existing coffee pot had dried water spots on it, I don't need to hear about it ;-)

Here is your standard coffee maker.

And then there is a COFFEE MAKER!!!

I think it is watching me...

Be afraid, be very afraid.

In all fairness, the new coffee maker doesn't actually glow this brightly in the dark.  I took the last two photos with all the lights out and with a 30-second exposure.  It's actually just a slight glow that is not highly noticeable.  I was surprised in the last photo to see the individual rays of light coming from the main button -- click on the last photo to see it larger and see what I mean.  Neat!

The coffee maker also brews hot chocolate, hot tea, and even makes iced drinks.  Rhonda has tried one cup and said it tasted very good (we bought a variety box of the single cup ground coffee packets that the maker takes).

2 comments:

Ashley Hlavaty said...

That's awesome! We were thinking about getting one for Blake (because I don't drink coffee and refuse to clean up the coffee mess), but didn't really know where to start. Would you email me and let me know how much this bad boy cost?

Brady McCain said...

I think you may have caught the machine in the act of a covert retinal scan!