Thursday, April 16, 2009

St. Augustine - Day 3

We got up fairly early today and headed to the Slammer and Squire club house. Jason really did not think he would be able to play golf today. We ate breakfast in the club house and talked about what we would do today if he did not play. I told him he should at least go hit range balls and warm up, then decide. This is a golf trip, so I would hate for him not to get to play today.
After warming up, he decided he could play. I'm so glad he did because we had a lot of fun today! We got paired up with two older gentleman who work at the course one day a week and then play for free 3-4 other days of the week. Sounds like a nice retirement plan to us! They were really sweet, fun guys. The course was really nice and the weather was perfect!

After golfing, we had lunch at the club house and walked over to the World Golf Hall of Fame.
Even though I don't play, I do enjoy the game of golf and also enjoy watching tournaments on TV. However, I must say, the Hall of Fame was pretty boring. We did not spend a lot of time there and here are just a few pictures. (I don't want to bore you, too!)
They did have an indoor putting green that Jason tried out.
They had a trophy room that was up in the tower and that was the best part.
The US Open Trophy.
The view from the trophy room.
Each member has a locker.
Here is a picture of our hotel.
After a full day of golf-related activities, we cleaned up and headed into St. Augustine for dinner. We found a Japanese restaurant and had a nice time. We are hoping for pretty weather tomorrow to spend some time at the beach, however, the forecast does not look to be in our favor. We'll see.

0 comments: