Friday, July 18, 2008

Esophagogastroduodenoscopy

Can you say that fast three times? Jason had his EGD done this morning. He has been having chest pain for a while and he had his heart checked out and everything was fine. So, off to the the gastroenterologist we went. Luckily, having worked for the largest GI group in the country, I had some connections! He went in for the procedure and they said they would call me back when he was in recovery. I enjoyed a little quiet time reading while he was back there. They called me back and this is how it went:

Jason: You're here!
Rhonda: I've been here for about 5 minutes.
Jason: Is it over?
Rhonda: Yes, Dr. Brown will be here in a minute to talk to you. You need to wake up.

Jason: You're here!
Rhonda: I've been here for about 10 minutes.
Jason: Is it over?
Rhonda: Yes, Dr. Brown will be here in a minute to talk to you. You need to wake up.

Jason: You're here!
Rhonda: I've been here for about 15 minutes.
Jason: Is it over?
Rhonda: Yes, Dr. Brown will be here in a minute to talk to you. You need to wake up.

Rhonda: We have to get you dressed. Sit up and I'll get your shirt on.
Jason: I'm dizzy.
Rhonda: Let's get your shoes on. Don't fall out of the bed!

A few minutes later...

Jason: My clothes are on! Did you do that?? How long have you been here? Is it over?
Rhonda: Yes, Dr. Brown will be here in a minute to talk to you. You need to wake up.

And, my personal favorite...

Jason: My anesthesiologist was cute!

And with that, I thought it was only fitting to share with you all what he looked like during all this!

Seriously, he is fine. He has gastritis, which is inflammation of the stomach lining. It is probably caused by chronic reflux. He is on medicine and it should be improving over the next three months.

He came home and took a three hour nap. I thought everything was fine until we were eating supper and he said, "What did we have for lunch today?" He sat in Chiptole and ate a burrito and I thought he was doing better at that point. There were a few times I thought he was going to fall out of his chair. If only his anesthesiologist has been there to catch him...

3 comments:

Ashley Hlavaty said...

Awww... poor baby! Chelsey and I got a big kick out of y'alls conversation, but we felt so bad for him when we saw the picture. We're glad that y'all finally know what's going on in there! Feel better soon!! Love y'all!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that is hilarious! I'm glad that all is well though!

Mimi said...

I agree with Greta, the conversation was hilarious. The pic is even greater! With this said, I'm glad he is o.k. Rhonda, if you ever have to have a procedure that requires anesthesia, tell them you want to pick your anesthesiologist! Jason get better soon. Take life a little easier; less stress. Love, you.