Robin told me about this craft using your broken crayons. We have accumulated many broken crayons, so I thought this would be a good thing to do on Friday. The girls had a good time sorting, tearing paper off (that was the hard part), breaking the crayons into 1" pieces, measuring out those pieces to equal four crayons, and putting them in a muffin tin. I put them in the oven and the girls were amazed to see them melting. It was a fun and educational craft. We let them cool during nap time and then after they woke up, they had a great time coloring pictures for us.
Here is a picture of how ours turned out. The only problem we are having is that Reagan is trying to hoard them and not share!
Here is a link for the instructions if you want to try it yourself (Aunt Ally!)
3 comments:
Isn't that the coolest! It was actually a suggestion in my lesson plans this year. I thought it sounded so cool, but my class has NO broken crayons. We only have the huge crayons and my kids take such good care of them. I'll remember it for the future though! I'm glad y'all did it! I'm sure they are cool to use!
I thought making "stained glass" pictures with shredded crayons was fun. This is a lot better and less mess. Do the different colors show as you color? Thanks for the blog. I love you all. Gran
OK, I'm a little late on this comment :-). But it actually gets hot enough in the summer that you can just set the pan with the broken crayons outside and the sun will melt them. This is also great if you use shaped pans (like alphas or egg shapes).
Post a Comment