Friday, June 26, 2009

Reagan's Allergy Test Results

We arrived at the doctor's office and Reagan was doing great. She let them listen to her lungs, take her temperature and blood pressure. She was happy as usual...

Then, we were talking to the nurse about her and she stepped up on a step stool they have to use to climb up on the exam table. Jason told her to get down and as she stepped off, she tripped and fell right into the wooden chair leg where I was sitting. She hit on one eyebrow all the way down her cheek. Here are the results...
We iced it down and then the fun part started. They did twenty-five injection sites to check for allergies. This is more than we did with Rylee. Reagan seems to have a constantly runny nose, so we also tested for things like grass and molds. She sat in my lap and I held her arms while Jason held her legs. As soon as they were done with the injections, we started "Clifford the Big Red Dog" on my iphone thanks to YouTube. That kept her pretty entertained for the 20 minutes she had to sit there with me still holding her arms.

The results were exactly what we prayed for. Thank you, Lord!

The great news is that she is not allergic to peanuts or tree nuts! While she can have them, we will still be a nut-free household and she won't have much exposure to them.

All the other tests were negative with the exception of a small reaction to shell fish. It is not a confirmed allergy and we will try to feed her a little bit to test at some point. We will just need to have benadryl handy when we decide to try it. Since we are not huge seafood lovers, it may be a while before we take that challenge.

Thank you all for your prayers! Love you!

-- Post From My iPhone

2 comments:

Ashley Hlavaty said...

Oh poor baby! To have to get the shots and get bonked in the head all in one day. I'm glad that it all turned out well though! Blake and I are thinking about getting allergy testing since we've both gotten worse with each season. But I'm worried about having to go through all that! Yikes!

Mimi said...

What a trooper! I'm so happy with the results. I know it's a big relief for both of you. Give her a hug and kiss from Mimi! Love you all!