Sunday, September 7, 2008

Foot Surgery

Well, after months of trying other options, I have decided to have surgery on my foot. I have been through anti-inflammatory medication, shoe inserts (which I already wore all the time due to my CMT), stretching exercises, five cortisone injections, radiofrequency therapy, slept in a splint for 8 weeks, and lost 30 pounds. I had this same surgery on my left foot 5 years ago, and it was very successful. The only problem was wearing a cast in July. Not the smartest thing when you live in Texas! I am on the schedule for Oct 3rd, so hopefully the weather will be cooler. While I don't want to have to do this, I am ready to get it done and move on.

Please pray for a safe and successful surgery and also for the girls. My parents are going to take them home with them for nearly a week. This will be the first time they have had both girls for an extended time. They will bring them home and then Kathy may come help out. That depends on the hurricane status and if Earl needs her where he is working. If she can't come, then Jason will probably take a few days off work. I will be in the cast for at least two weeks and will not be able to lift Reagan. If all else fails, we may call on some friends to help. We have great friends, so I am not worried about it.

Thanks for your prayers!

1 comments:

Ashley Hlavaty said...

I wish I could be there to help out. If we had known you were having surgery I could have come there instead of going to Singapore. I have a two week break and could have been Super Ally!! I'll keep you all in my prayers! Love you!