Rhonda and I became interested in Digital SLR cameras once Rylee was born. Our point-n-shoot camera at that time just couldn't keep up with the quick motion of our bundle of joy, resulting in blurred images and sometimes the shooting delay caused us to miss out on opportunities. In January 2006, we purchased a Canon 20D. Since then the 30D, 40D, and 50D have been introduced.
Early this year, we learned of a new camera (initially thought to be the 60D) to be in the works at Canon. However, over time it was determined that the new camera would introduce a new line for Canon, a step up from the x0D line but below the 1D and 5D lines. In October of this year, the new camera (Canon 7D) was released. We've been tracking this camera's development for months, and yesterday we were finally able to purchase one! Supplies are a little hard to find right now because it is so new.
We had always planned to sell the 20D when we purchased the 7D, but now we're not so sure. The functionality of the 20D is worth well more than what it's dollar value is now. Also, Rhonda has been hesitant to use our DSLR lately because of our L-series lens that we use on it, so we're going to experiment with keeping both cameras for now and having Rhonda use whichever camera she is comfortable with. For this reason, we went ahead and purchased the 7D with its kit lens for use on the 20D, which is a good non-L-series lens. If we decide two cameras is overkill, we'll sell the 20D.
Here are photos of the two cameras for comparison. Some photos shows the 20D with its battery grip attached, others don't. You can't really see the difference in two screens, but the 7D's screen is absolutely beautiful (or maybe it's just Rhonda's face in those photos...brownie points...). Friends with kids, I'll be calling for permission to take more action shots of your kids sporting events as my test subjects, you can keep the photos.
My favorite features: 1080p HD video, 18 megapixels, 8 frames per second, more ISO stops, beautiful screen, drive wireless slave flashes, self-cleaning sensor, 100% viewfinder, 19 auto-focus points, etc. You can learn more about it if you like on Canon's web site by clicking here.
Blogger won't let me upload the original file size of any image, so here is what the image looks like on my PC at 22% (almost full screen here)...
5 comments:
Wow! It looks awesome! Not bigger really, but way cool! I love how big the viewing screen is. That's always a big plus. If you guys do decide to sell the older one, let us know. We'll eventually be in the market for one. We almost bought one last year, but decided it was a bit early. Congrats! Have fun with it!
I'm having to get used to some of the new button locations. On the 20D, the image preview button is in the same location as the 7D's delete button. I keep wanting to preview my image and the 7D asks if I want to delete my image. No! I'll get used to it soon enough.
My new point-and-shoot delete button is like that too. I always almost delete everything, but I'm almost used to it. I can't wait to see more pictures with your new camera! Did y'all have it for Fall Festival?
It is awesome looking! I am going to be anxious to hear how you like it and how you like it compared to the 20D.
Have you taken many pictures with it yet? Have you forced the ISO up to try low light pictures to see how much noise there is?
anyway, keep us posted.
Hurrah! More pictures of the family. Get busy. We love you. Gran
Post a Comment