I called our pediatrician this morning and asked which Labcorp they recommend would be best for Rylee. We went to the one they suggested and were hoping for a quick and successful blood draw. That is certainly not what we got. I sat in the chair with Rylee in my lap. One man was holding her arm still and a lady was trying to get the needle in. Rylee was very still, but was crying. The lady got the needle in and got a small amount of blood. Then, she realized she had poked the needle all the way through her vein and it was bleeding out underneath her skin. She pulled it out and a lovely bloody lump appeared. They were not sure if they had enough, so they stuck her again and missed. She dug and dug and I was telling her to stop. I told her to pull it out and use the other arm if necessary. She kept digging and I kept telling her to stop. Rylee is screaming at this point and I was too! I yelled at the lady to STOP NOW!! She finally pulled out the needle. I told them to figure out if they had enough because we were not sticking her again right now. They went and spun out the blood and came back in ten minutes. They said they had enough and we could go. So, all that digging was not even necessary! Needless to say, I was not a happy (or very nice!) mommy. We won't be going back there again.
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Blood Work
Posted by Rhonda Reeves at 6:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh this breaks my heart. Poor Bean. I know exactly how that feels. I hope she has a better experience next time and that she heals quickly.
Rylee you were very brave. I'm so sorry you and Mommy had to go through this. I love you both very much.
Post a Comment